Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Introduction

Well, this is my first post, of what I hope to be many posts, in this blog. I am extremely new at blogging so please cut me some slack when you read this.

I'd like to start out by giving you guys a little idea of what this blog will be about. This blog will, most likely, be about ethical issues that I run into while I play different games. I suppose I shall caveat this by saying that I am mostly playing World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2, and Warhammer Online. These aren't the only games I play but I think it's pretty obvious to see that I tend to play mmorpgs (massive multiplayer online role playing games). I also play table top pen and paper rpgs. I have played many other games in the past so I will try to draw on them from time to time when I do post.

 This blog will most certainly not have anything even close to academic rigor since I want it to be something more of place where I can share some of my thoughts on issues I run in to. These issues will mostly be ethical ones though I won't rule out other types of issues. The reason that I want to write about ethical issues is that I find we have a lot of strange ethical issues floating around in games that we, as players, tend to gloss over. I want to take a look at these and try to pull them apart.

I can't guarantee anything about how frequent these posts will come. I hope to post at least once a week but I do want to be able to work out my thoughts properly before I come here to post them. I do have some ideas already floating around that I want to explore so I hope to put a couple of those up here as soon as possible.

I'd like to thank you guys for your interest. I don't think this blog will be for everyone but I do hope that some people find it interesting and that it can spark some discussion. I will also try to respond to comments if I can. Also if I'm not being really clear in my posts please call me out on it in the comments and I will try to edit and clarify.

No comments:

Post a Comment